The next meeting of Little Abington Parish Council will be in the Abington Institute, High Street, Great Abington on Monday 28 January,2019 starting at 7:15pm.
Members of the public and press may address the Council in public participation time
See agenda and links ( in blue) to meeting papers below
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Parish Council Vacancy
5. Members’ declaration of interests for items on the agenda
6. Public participation
DECISIONS and CURRENT ISSUES
7.1 Planning applications:
• S/4644/18/FL. Burger King, Fourwentways – Retrospective. Various external alterations to restaurant.
• S/0407/18/VC. Phase 2 Land (Zone 1) Granta Park – Variation of condition 16 (Trees) to planning permission S/1109/15/FL
• S/4329/18/OL. Wellcome Trust, Hinxton – Outline application for phased mixed-use development included 1500 dwellings, offices, laboratories and associated infrastructure including highways improvements. Total 150,000 sq. metres workspace.
7.2 Planning decisions and amendments (for information):
• S/3816/18/FL 50 High St. – Retrospective – erection of fence and shed. Agreed by SCDC
• S/3886/18/FL 1 West Field – Single Storey side extension. Agreed by SCDC.
7.3 Local Developments:
• Uttlesford Development Plan - Sustainability appraisal. Closing date 25 Feb.
• SCDC Strategic Planning meeting – feedback PB,RS,IS
• ARCC Innovations- feedback PB
• Other updates if any
8. Highways and Traffic: Road safety initiatives
• Bourn Bridge Road and Ivan Clarke’s Corner PB
• Village Speedwatch SP
• Junction Newmarket Road/Bourn Bridge Road Clerk•
9. Village Environment /Community Engagement
• Abington Future Public engagement event 12 January 2019 Feedback RS
* Fourwentways petition
• Feedback and progress following Fourwentways Site 14 December 2018 Clerk
• Access to Granta Park. update PB
• Granta Park Noise Nuisance. update PB
11. Finance and compliance
11.1 To note receipts. Nil receipts
To agree the following payments.
|Mrs G Dalton Clerk salary (January Jan 2019)
|Mrs G Dalton Clerk expenses Q3 2018-19
|Abington Allotments Assoc – max contribution to storage unit S106
|CGM November & December 2018 VAT £89.52
|World of Computers: computer back up hard drives X2 VAT £20.80
|Andrew King maintenance contract Jan 2019 (SO) VAT £85.77
|Andrew King siding out verges. VAT £140.00
|Abington Institute Room Hire
|CPRE annual subscription
|Wescotec carriage: repair speed watch monitor invoice awaited
|LCPAS Training 22 January Highways invoice awaited
Mr Allum travel expenses LCPAS training
Mr Smith - Abington Futures Catering Costs
11.3 Q3 Finance Report: Clerk
• To note 2019-20 budget plan.
• To agree 2019-12 request to SCDC £17,500
11.5 Council tax/priorities
• Cambridgeshire County Council business planning and taxation
11.6 General Data Protection Regulations. Clerk. Update
12. Meetings /representation
• Feedback from meetings attended by LAPC reps not elsewhere on agenda:
- SCDC Cabinet & Parish Councils Liaison meeting 27 November PB, RS
- Parish Council Chairmen’s meeting with BioMed Realty 28 Nov. PB
- Haverhill Forum 18 January Clerk
- LCPAS training: 22 January Highways RA
• LAPC representation at forthcoming meetings
13. To receive reports from representatives.
13.1 Village maintenance. Clerk, RA,
13.2 Lights, roads and pavements Clerk
13.3 Trees. IS/RS
14. To receive minutes from committees – for information only
14.1 Institute Management Committee
14.3 Committee for Abington Housing
15. Correspondence. For information only
16. Any Other Business/Items for next agenda
• Action list/ Carry forward items
• Items for village newsletter
Next meetings: Abington Institute, High Street, Great Abington
Monday 25 February 2019 at 7:15 pm
Monday 25 March 2019 at 7:15 pm