The Granta Medical practices have posted this update on their website about ordering and collecting presecriptions.
Whilst we are living with the new restrictions on movement the service for collecting prescriptions has changed:
- We want to make sure that your medicines are looked after safely and securely and that information about you is kept private. The new process will help to keep you safe by reducing pressure on the shop and maintaining social distancing.
- If your medicines are usually delivered to the shop they will now be available from the Abington Institute (in the High Street, next to the school) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons between 3:30 and 4:30pm.
- If you don’t usually collect them yourself, please make sure the person who usually collects for you knows about this. If you are self-isolating, a friend or neighbour might be able to help or you can ask your Street Coordinator for assistance. If someone is collecting on your behalf, they will need to confirm that you have asked them to do it and they must know your full name and address.
- If prescriptions are usually collected from the practices in Linton or Sawston, they will be able to deliver to the village but it takes a few days to arrange. Please e-mail Genevieve Dalton email@example.com or phone 07703 486562 to request it. You will be able to leave a voicemail if there is no answer. We need to know your full name, date of birth and address. DO NOT USE FACEBOOK OR WHATSAPP FOR THIS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.
- Please note. The doctors’ surgeries are very busy at the moment so it is a good idea to order any repeat prescriptions in good time. If you are aged over 70 you can telephone your order if you do not already order online.
- We know this will cause some inconvenience. Services will go back to normal as soon as it is possible.