Little Abington Parish Council
The next meeting of Little Abington Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday 26 May. This will be by Zoom Videoconference
The Annual Parish Meeting has been postponed .We will publish an Annual Report on this website.
The Annual Meeting of the Parish Council has been cancelled.
Tel 07703 486562
Parish councils are the first tier of local government in England and Wales and they are closest to the people. They are funded through your local Council Tax.
What does a Parish Council do?
The Parish Council has several responsibilities including representing the local community and improving quality of life in the village.
- The Annual Village Clean Up
- Improving footpaths
- Road safety and reducing speeding. We are looking into ways of improving road safety in the village. LAPC organised and paid for the inter-active signs on Cambridge Road and for the Speedwatch equipment .
- Cycle routes.
- Reviewing planning applications. The Council’s opinion is taken into account before plans are approved
- The Parish Council can make grants for projects that will benefit the community
- The Parish Council pays for services such as Street lighting, Village and footpath maintenance, Roadside verge cutting
What does a Parish Councillor do?
There are 7 Parish Councillors. We meet once a month. Most councillors serve on at least one committee and have an additional responsibility. The position is unpaid.
If you would like to know more do, please, contact a Parish Councillor or the Clerk or come to our next meeting.
Clerk: Genevieve Dalton 07703 486562 Chairman: Sheila Bolden shelen@ btinternet.com
Becoming a Parish Councillor
The criteria to qualify as a Parish Councillor in Little Abington are that you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be an elector
- be a UK or Commonwealth citizen, or
- be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, or
- be a citizen of another Member state of the European Union
Little Abington Parish Council Village Maintenance Contract
The contract for village maintenance has been reviewed. The new contract commenced in April 2020. Feedback is always welcome.